Thursday, December 8, 2011

third beta

Just got the results back from my 3rd beta. hCG went from 74.4 to 718.8. It's not as high as I thought it would be with my own calculations, but the nurse says it is fine and we will just keep moving forward.

This whole process is just so crazy, and makes me feel so crazy. The nurse actually said that it is a bit of a double edged sword. We know so early and know so much that it can make things worse. Especially when we are reading things all over the internet and analyzing every bit of information in 15 different places.

I have finally quit the message boards. The last straw was today when the title of a post was "Jealous". The poster continued to talk about how jealous she was of the people who post that they've gotten to go the doctor so early. What she doesn't know is that the people talking about that only "get" to go because they've been struggling with infertility for years, or have had 4 miscarriages, or have a health concern that makes them high risk. It's not like we're specially chosen people, or lucky. I would give anything to wake up one morning, realize I've missed my period, take a hpt and OMG, I'm pregnant, on our first try! Little does she know, (who happens to be pregnant with her 6th child), she's the lucky one.

I've been reading all of your blogs this week and getting so angry that this can't just happen for all of you. No more trying. No more money. No more fighting. Just blessings. It really pisses me off it can't be like that.

2 comments:

  1. Yea. What a wonderful blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for a higher 3rd beta!! Fingers are crossed for you as you prepare for the first ultrasound.

    I'm sorry that you had to experience the ignorance of someone who clearly doesn't get it. I'm a firm believer that unless your life has been touched by IF in someway, you can never really understand the pain of this disease, mainly on the basis that most people don't try!! Ignore her and focus instead on the fact that today, right now, there is good news. That is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete