Friday, March 16, 2012

links

Among all of the emotions running through me lately, I'm trying to find a little joy, perspective and reflection. Here are some great things I've been reading, seeing and listening to. Enjoy!

I related to this message to 'my' body so much. I thought it was one of the most beautifully written blog posts I've ever read.

IF can be incredibly hard on relationships. We all know that. Max and I probably have more than our share of arguments and to be honest, I usually win. This post, Marriage is for Losers, struck a chord with me. I immediately thought of at least 10 ways that I need to "lose" in our relationship. Not just lose to Max, but lose to our marriage. It's time to let go of some things. Past time.

Comparison is definitely a trap I fall into in the blogging community. I used to keep up a general personal blog that focused more on....well basically, stuff. It began to get exhausting because I wanted what everyone else had. This obviously becomes a problem in the IF world as well. You have all probably seen the quote, "Comparison is the thief of joy". I've seen this credited to Dwight Edwards, but I haven't been able to verify that. This short post about comparison is great.

While I haven't allowed myself (even when I was pregnant) to pin any photos that would give away the fact that I'm planning a nursery in my head. I am always on the lookout for nursery ideas. This color scheme stands out to me. Soft pink, neutrals and a pop of neon? Yes, please!

After Max and I met the niece this weekend, we went to Nashville for a night to enjoy a little getaway. When looking for some live music, I was ecstatic to find that one of my favorite bands was randomly in Nashville Monday night. Imagine Dragons put on a GREAT show. They were so humble and gracious. It was a super amount of fun. This is my favorite song.



Though this is making a quick climb to 2nd.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing those links and songs! Many of them spoke to me, too. I especially appreciated the article about marriage, and I really like the nursery color scheme you are thinking of. I think the pop of neon is very quirky in a good way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post about one's body really hit home. Too often, I'm in a rush to really stop and listen to what it's telling me. I need to be beter about that, so thank you fo sharing this lovely reminder. And the music is awesome! I'm glad you got to see this band.

    Hugs to you, my friend. May your weekend be filled with peace and laughter.

    ReplyDelete