Tuesday, November 8, 2011

psychobabble

My mom returned home with me this week so I didn't have to drive back from Tennessee by myself. Max had to stay behind and preach a revival this week. It gave us an opportunity to have a long talk on the drive. I was finally able to voice some things that I hadn't allowed myself to say out loud.

My mom is great and absolutely my best friend (other than Max). She has dealt with depression in the past and is actually still on some medicine. After listening to me struggle to express myself for a couple of hours, she suggested I go see a counselor. It's something I've definitely thought about, but could never really bring myself to actually do it.

Well, like many people, November is Benefits Month at my job. So that's the time for Open Enrollment and when HR does a lot of awareness projects for benefits. One benefit I get is called Employee Assistance Program where I actually get 3 free sessions year with a counselor or psychologist in-network.

So, today I bit the bullet. I found a psychologist that has experience working with infertility and called to set up an appointment. They took my information and will call back to set up an actual time. I guess I will go some time next week. Which, ironically, is also when our IUI should happen. I am hopeful that I can set up a time after work because I already feel very guilty about all of the work I miss for doctor visits.

I would love to hear from someone who has taken this approach for infertility or other issues. I just don't know what to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment