Sorry for the silence around here. For whatever reason my blog silence always falls around ICLW.. I'm still reading and commenting, just not posting a lot. I'm really just trying to keep my head down and deal, along with trying to get work done at my incredibly busy job.
But, I was tagged and given an award in the last couple of weeks and I am finally responding!
So, Shelley at Tales From the Waiting Room tagged me in a Q&A. Incidentally, I love Shelley's blog design. She is pretty new to this blog scene and will definitely be following her along!
Here are her questions and my responses:
1. What’s your lucky number and why?
I don't know that I have a lucky number. Or a favorite number. I guess I like even numbers, for whatever reason. They seem nice and....even?
2. Do you still live in the place where you grew up? Why or why not?
I do not. Max and I grew up together and moved back there for a few years after I finished graduate school while he was finishing graduate school. I then began searching for my next career move and a great job brought us about 4.5 hours away. We are both the only ones of our immediate family to not live within 20 minutes of each other. This can be challenging at times and wonderful at times.
3. Name one goal you have for yourself this week.
Get some work done! I have to get through some of my to-do list, both personal and work. But first, I need to update my to-do list. I have a million things stored in my head that I need to get on paper before I forget them.
4. What’s your favorite item of clothing or jewelry in your closet right now?
The peridot (August birthstone) necklace I bought for myself after my miscarriage.
5. If you could only have five kinds of cheese for the rest of your life, which five would you choose?
I. love. cheese. Perfect question for me.
1. Hands down my favorite is goat cheese. I have tried it with in a million recipes and I've loved every single one. I also like it on a spoon.
2. Pepper Jack. For sure. One of the deli's in my college town serves nachos that are seriously amazing. Doritos with melted pepper jack. Heaven.
3. Pimento cheese. Not sure if this counts, but I love a good pimento cheese sandwich. With peanut butter. Weird? I don't care. :)
4. A really good aged cheddar. That's also creamy.
5. And last but certainly not least, that processed port wine cheese spread you can buy at the grocery. It's a definite comfort food for me and I only allow myself to buy it once or twice a year. But get that tub and a box of wheat thins...I'm a happy girl. It was a roommate ritual in college. Good memories.
Now I'm hungry.
6. Do you have any tattoos? If so, tell me about them. If not, would you ever get one?
Nope. I've thought about it. But the times I have come, I couldn't figure out what I wanted. Too indecisive. I do know that it would be a white tattoo on the inside of my wrist. Just have to figure out what...
7. If your significant other was an animal, what animal would he or she be?
A dog? Fiercely loyal, protective, loving, tons of fun, excited for new adventures, but sometimes makes you want to scream.
8. Are you an early riser or a night owl?
These days neither. Definitely not an early rise. Never have been. But can't stay awake at night anymore either.
9. Would you rather be a dog named Killer or a cat named Fluffy?
Not a cat person. So Killer by default.
10. How has infertility changed you?
Too many ways. The biggest change for me and the one that affects me most on a daily is on my relationships with family and friends. It's hard to find joy in them anymore. I am shut off and separate.
11. Tell me about your oddest quirk.
I eat M&Ms by color? Is that odd? Yellow, orange and green first. Then red, blue and brown. If you want some of my M&Ms, you better ask at the beginning. Because if all I have are red, blue and brown left, the answer is no.
Gosh that is a lot of stuff about me.
And then, StorkChaser at Dog Mom Chasing the Stork gave me a Lovely Blog Award. I was asked to share 7 random facts.
1. I hate pickles and the people that know me best know to take them off my plate.
2. I’m not a fan of eating outside (unless I’m at the beach) or on the floor/ground (ever).
3. I am a compulsive grammar and pronunciation corrector. It doesn’t mean I think I’m smarter than you. I just can’t help it!
4. I believe that if The West Wing was real life our world would be a better place. Jed Bartlett was an amazing President! (not a political statement about President Obama, I promise.)
5. My dream is to be independently wealthy – so I could help anyone I want
and buy anything I want. However, as my sister-in-law says, I am
destined to work for what I have. Although I do have a new career goal - venture capitalist. Whatever that is.
6. I want to build a tiny house to stay in when we go visit our family in our hometown. Or maybe a yurt. Or an airstream trailer.
7. I love to read. Pretty much anything.
OK - now you know more about me that you ever wanted to know!
Time is a tight commodity for me right now, so I'm not going to tag new people, but I would love to hear some of your responses to Shelley's questions or some random facts about you in the comments!