Friday, February 17, 2012

musings

I have a couple of random things to write about so I'm putting them in one post.

**First, Max's birthday was great. I had some surprises for him throughout the day and it was fun to see him get excited. We did dinner and drinks with friends last night and had a blast. To be honest, I'm still a little hungover. Nothing major, but not 100% (oops). My workout should be interesting today.

**I'm very much looking forward to the party Sunday night. I will probably stress out at the last minute, and I might get emotional, but I'm very excited. We have a group of young clergy that are kind of all scattered about and they will all be there, plus our best friends that now live 4.5 hours away. I know that a party with a bunch of clergy and their partners doesn't sound all that exciting to some of you, but we're fun. I promise.

**My new niece is due to arrive on Sunday. Thankfully, she was not born on Max's birthday. The story behind my delight in that is a bit complicated and I will go into it at some point. But it's something I've been very anxious about since the day I found out it was a girl. I was literally on the edge of seat yesterday and praying I wouldn't get the call. And I didn't! I am very hopeful that she will be born soon and healthy now that we are past that hurdle. Although I will be a bundle of emotions.

**Joanna at A Cup of Jo (not an infertility blog, but great nonetheless) wrote this post today about authenticity. The message from her mother is wonderful. It made me think of all of you and the support in this community. And how I have learned to open up to people through this journey and share my story even when it's scary. Good quick read.

**I'm currently obsessed with perusing the Fall 2012 Ready to Wear lines from New York Fashion Week. There are some REALLY great collections. My favorites have been Calvin Klein Collection, Milly, J. Mendel, and Naeem Khan. I absolutely adore the Naeem Khan collection. Every piece. It's so fun to dream about fashion.

**So many of you have been on my heart the past few days. Even when I'm not great at commenting, please know that I'm thinking of you and hoping for joy in your journey.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear Max's birthday was filled with joy and a lot of fun! And it sounds like you have a lot going on to keep you distracted. Wishing you a relaxing weekend and hoping that the next couple of events you mentioned are filled with laughter and joy!

    ReplyDelete