Sunday, November 11, 2012

i own a baby bathtub

We had our first shower today. It was a small meal and shower following church today at one of the churches Max serves. It was probably a good way to wade into the craziness of baby showers.

There were no games (thankfully :). Just lunch and opening a few presents. We got some really cute things and are super thankful for this newish church family for making us feel at home and celebrating this milestone with us.

When I came in before church, I had to go to the bathroom (of course) which meant I had to walk through the area where the shower would be. I walked in and saw the pile of baby gift bags and the sweet cake that had my name on it. My name and baby booties. I immediately lost it. Luckily I was already close to the bathroom door so I was able to sneak in before making a scene. I just can't believe that after all of these years and all of the baby showers I have been to, it was finally our turn.

We've bought a few things over the years. And just a couple of things since being pregnant. But those have all been cute baby things that represented hope. They represented something to come in the future. Today, we got a bathtub. And there's nothing hopeful about that. It's real. It's practical. It's something we will need to take care of our son. Who is coming in less than 12 weeks.

I own a baby bathtub. How surreal is that?


3 comments:

  1. Very happy that you were able to celebrate the upcoming arrival of your baby boy. I hope the day was filled with much laughter and joy. Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I get that. I had my shower too and it really made everything real. Now I am in overdrive trying to get things done in time. There is so much to figure out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah...just found your blog and skimmed through it some. Love this post. "A bathtub is real." Definitely not the same as cute little baby socks. Congratulations on the reality!

    ReplyDelete